Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I did for my DC



So i started by making sure my hair was clean with Kinky Curly "Come Clean"

...then...









I added my Giovanni "Smooth as Silk" deep conditioner...









I did enough detangling with my shower comb to get it in to a few plaits



...like so, with the deep conditioner still in my hair


I added a plastic bag to my head and kept it in for a few hours.  When done, I rinsed my hair, with braids still in tact and removed all deep conditioner.  At that point I grabed my shower comb again, undid each section and braided it into smaller plaits using...










...my Kinky Curly "Knot Today" to assist with a full detangling process. After that I went to bed and undid my braids that morning to unveil a fresh DO!!







-Braid out pic from http://www.glamzini.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great post and tips on conditioning. However this will not work for women that wear sew-ins weaves on their natural hair. Most women do keep their weaves in for more than 6 weeks and are having to deal with matted and tangled roots.

    Conditioner is not designed to detangle very matted tangled hair.

    They end up feeling so very sad and depressed by doing this and they don't need to. Then they go to these "expert weave" stylist who just want to cut their hair off and condemn the client.

    Ladies if you are enjoying your weave and want to wear it longer than 6 weeks(because it looks good)....YOU CAN! Just use the Take Down Remover cream or contact the hairdressers at www.hairdetanglerschool.com. You do not need to cut, shave or lose your hair.

    No matter what type of protective hairstyle you choose to wear, your roots and hair can be detangled safely, protected, salvaged and healthy.

    http://youtu.be/2rlQlqo_wB8

    ReplyDelete