Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Straight Natural Hair

I have a few friends that straighten their hair on a pretty regular basis, and by "regular" I mean a few times a year or so. For me on the other hand in the 1 yr, 10mos I have been natural I have only had my hair straight 3 times. The 2nd time I did it myself (never again) and the 1st and 3rd time my hair was styled by my amazing beautician Mrs. Leslie of In the Masters Hands. I was always worried about it going back to its natural curl pattern. Well being that I moved from Omaha, NE to Kansas City, MO...I thought that for my exit celebration I should try it. Although I was impressed with the growth and health of my hair...it was a lot that I had forgotten about in regards to straight hair. I almost forgot how to wrap it, forgot that humidity makes it frizz, and forgot that I had to add some amount of heat to it everyday. It took a while for my beautiful curls to come back after being forced straight...but they are doing wonderful. I can see know that it is not something to be afraid of and although it won't be too often, I will rock the straight natural hair soon.







(She did my BIG Chop, and various other styles since I've been natural)
Flat Iron by Mrs. Leslie of In The Masters Hands
402-991-4160




No comments:

Post a Comment